Irvine Discrimination Lawyers
What's Considered Discrimination?
Discrimination generally means unequal or unfair treatment based on their race, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, or national origin. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, employers in the state of California can face lawsuits if they discriminate against any such group.
Discrimination can look different from company to company or person to person. Common examples of discrimination include firing, demoting, refusing to hire, or otherwise treating an employee or applicant unfairly. At Guardian Litigation Group, LLP, we proudly use our decades of combined legal experience to investigate, negotiate, and successfully litigate employment discrimination claims on behalf of employees from a wide range of industries.
We believe in using our extensive resources at our advanced, modernized firm to help clients defend and uphold their rights against employers who treat them unfairly. Let us take a look at your case today so we can guide you through the legal process and explain your options under the law.
Learn More About Discrimination
Please get in touch with our compassionate legal advocates today if you need advice regarding any of the following types of employment discrimination.
- Disability Discrimination: Employers can’t discriminate against a worker due to their short or long-term physical or mental disability. Employers must also offer reasonable work accommodations for employees with disabilities so they can perform their job duties.
- Gender and Pregnancy: It is illegal for employers in California to discriminate against employees based on their gender, including their pregnancy status.
- Age Discrimination: Employees over 40 cannot be fired, demoted, or treated unfairly as a result of their age.
- Race and National Origin Discrimination: Employers who take negative employment actions against employees because of their race, color, ancestry, or national origin can face lawsuits.
Workers throughout Irvine and the surrounding areas turn to our firm to get help filing lawsuits for the following discriminatory actions:
- Paying a lower salary or denying health benefits due to an employee’s race, gender identity, age, or any other protected category.
- Employers or coworkers making frequent negative comments regarding racial groups and gender identity within the company.
- Poor performance reviews motivated by racial hostility.
- Firing an employee after their gender transition.
- Refusing to hire or promote a person because they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
If you experience discrimination at work in Irvine, California, it’s crucial to take prompt action to protect your rights and seek appropriate remedies.Here’s what you can do if you find yourself facing workplace discrimination:
- Document incidents – record discriminatory actions, including dates, times, locations, individuals involved, and a description of what occurred
- Report the discrimination to your HR department
- Consult with an Irvine discrimination lawyer at Guardian Litigation Group, LLP. We can assess your situation and help you understand your rights.
- Explore legal options
- Take care of your well-being – seek support from friends, family, or mental health professionals
Although it is illegal for employers to discriminate against employees, unfortunately, it continues to be a serious issue in workplaces throughout the state of California. Whether you want to file a discrimination lawsuit because your boss refuses to allow you to use the bathroom that best identifies with your gender or because you discovered younger, less qualified employees are being paid a higher salary than you, Guardian Litigation Group, LLP knows which legal strategies produce the best results in these types of cases.
If you are considering suing for discrimination at work or need legal assistance with a discrimination claim in Irvine, our dedicated discrimination lawyers are here to help. Contact our discrimination law firm for a confidential consultation. We have the experience and knowledge to advocate for your rights and work towards a just resolution for your case.To schedule a free consultation to discuss your discrimination case, please give us a call at (949) 569-9006 to contact our firm online
Our Clients Share Their Experience
Guardian's track record is a testament to our clients' success. With a history of satisfied clients and glowing reviews, our commitment to excellence in estate planning and asset protection shines through. Join our community of financially secure individuals and safeguard your future with us.
The experience has been fantastic!
You do not have to figure this out by yourself; this team of professionals stands with you to find a path thru the complex web of finance & law towards a fair & honest solution!
- Dr. Steve R.
I thank Guardian Litigation for everything
They are helping me get my debt situation resolved..I thank Guardian Litigation for everything.
- Ardie J.
I'm very grateful for their support!
Guardian Litigation Group has an amazing staff that tirelessly pursued my debt settlements. They kept me posted on updates and quickly resolved every issue. I'm very grateful for their support. Thank ...